Highlights Recent APP Board Meetings
APP Board Meeting Summaries
July 8, 2019
* Met with Anna Torrance, Director, Secretariat of Education, Evangelization and Outreach for the Diocese of Pittsburgh to explore how the Diocese plans to engage in adult Catholic education, how the APP Speaker Series and Speakers Bureau might fit in and how and how we can help;
* Endorsed the position of the Friends of Sabeel and Jewish Voice for Peace to oppose the attempts of Christians United for Israel opposing rights for Palestinians; and
* Authorized the pre-order of multiple copies, subject to price, of Art McDonald's Book on the History of the APP.
June 10, 2019
* Revised the APP Constitution with several technical amendments and a greater recognition of the role and priesthood of the laity authorized the creation of By-Laws and moved the section on Appropriations out of the Constitution and then created By-laws incorporating the same wording as previously listed in the Constitution;
* Approved an APP Listening Session for May 2020 to supplement our Speaker Series; and
*Endorsed the Dignity Act addressing the civil rights of women in prison.